Will a tonsillectomy impair or change my voice for the worse?

I'm a singer and I am having a tonsillectomy but I'm wondering if the surgery will have an impact on my voice? My tonsils aren't very big (I just have tonsillitis a bit) I've heard it changes the way the voice sounds but will that have a major affect on my voice since tonsils aren't that big?... show more I'm a singer and I am having a tonsillectomy but I'm wondering if the surgery will have an impact on my voice? My tonsils aren't very big (I just have tonsillitis a bit)

I've heard it changes the way the voice sounds but will that have a major affect on my voice since tonsils aren't that big? does that implicate vibrato? and what about timbre?

Most songs I cover are Lana del Rey and billie elish type so my natural sound is similar to theirs I can also sing balladry as well if that helps?? My doctor said it "shouldn't affect my singing" but I'm awful skeptical

Thank you so much for your responses I've read lots online but I'd like some more info !!

xx
1 answer 1