If I kill myself is my family entitled to compensation?

Like, I really don’t see a point in living so can my family at least make money off it? Thx

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Generally, no.

There are some exceptions, but if any applied to you, you'd probably know it.

So, in your case, no.

• 2 months ago

Nope, not at all.

• 2 months ago

Sorry but you're not the first person to think of that. No.

• 2 months ago

u could get insurance and make it look like an accident

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. Why would they be?

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What? Compensation from who?

You?

No.

• Anna
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The only thing your family will get off you dying would be grief and unanswered questions not compensation. Your pain would be transferred to them in the form of grief. You don't want that surely. I wanted to commit suicide too because my mum's parents died and I couldn't find a job despite many interviews and doing voluntary work but didn't because I didn't want to upset my family. I eventually found a job (with my mum's help after 4 years she stepped in and e-mailed the manager. He e-mailed her back and she met him and he offered me my job.) I love my job and now I don't want to commit suicide any more. Get therapy and anti depressants to help your depression and maybe do voluntary work. Should boost your self esteem and make you feel better.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, who's fault would it be? only yours!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Quite the opposite.  You will be approximately $10,000 in end of life costs to your family upon your death. 

Living isn't cheap.  And neither is dying. 

• 2 months ago

No, families don't get paid for a member killing themselves but it will cost them to deal with your dead body1

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.