If I kill myself is my family entitled to compensation?

Like, I really don’t see a point in living so can my family at least make money off it? Thx

Generally, no.

There are some exceptions, but if any applied to you, you'd probably know it.

So, in your case, no.

Nope, not at all.

Sorry but you're not the first person to think of that. No.

u could get insurance and make it look like an accident

No. Why would they be?

• Andy C

What? Compensation from who?

You?

No.

• Anna

The only thing your family will get off you dying would be grief and unanswered questions not compensation. Your pain would be transferred to them in the form of grief. You don't want that surely. I wanted to commit suicide too because my mum's parents died and I couldn't find a job despite many interviews and doing voluntary work but didn't because I didn't want to upset my family. I eventually found a job (with my mum's help after 4 years she stepped in and e-mailed the manager. He e-mailed her back and she met him and he offered me my job.) I love my job and now I don't want to commit suicide any more. Get therapy and anti depressants to help your depression and maybe do voluntary work. Should boost your self esteem and make you feel better.

• PAMELA

No, who's fault would it be? only yours!

Quite the opposite.  You will be approximately $10,000 in end of life costs to your family upon your death. 

Living isn't cheap.  And neither is dying. 

No, families don't get paid for a member killing themselves but it will cost them to deal with your dead body1