In this day and age, is 35 - 45yrs old too old to become a father?

I'm close to thirty years old, and so this is something that is on my mind. I probably will not be able afford to have children until later in life, and so to all men who became fathers in this age period I mention, what was your experience? What are the benefits, and challenges you experienced? And what would... show more I'm close to thirty years old, and so this is something that is on my mind. I probably will not be able afford to have children until later in life, and so to all men who became fathers in this age period I mention, what was your experience?

What are the benefits, and challenges you experienced?
And what would be your best advice for someone who is thinking about this kind of thing?

I have every intention of sticking around for my future children, plan to watch them grow and eventually attend their high school graduations. I plan on having at least two children, hopefully two boys.