Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 months ago

Girlfriend freaks out about minor things.?

So my girlfriend always seems to always find the worst posssible situation and freak out about it. Its exhausting because she just wont listen to reason. For example if her leg is hurting she autmatically assumes its a tumor and shes going to die or at least her life as she knows it is gonna end l, eventhough its probably just a pulled msucles. She wont listen, she wont let me help, she wont even respond postivily if try to appeal to her emotions. I dont know what to do when she gets like this. I mean i undestand i dont have to fix everything its just i cant handle it when shes like this. theres always a counter agrugument for everything. Theres no calming her down, it almost feels like she doesnt want to calm down.

• Foofa

One wonders what your question is. Your girlfriend is neurotic and possibly a hypochondriac as well. This should be plainly evident to you so the only real question is can you deal with that or will you need to leave her.

Maybe when shes more relaxed and not having an episode you should hold her hand and tell her how you feel. and tell her it's really upsetting to you because you feel like it's your fault or you don't know how to help

• Jerry

".. it almost feels like she doesnt want to calm down."

Bingo.

Being her audience is being her enabler. In the future, refuse to listen to or be there for her little performances. "You're being ridiculous. I can't be bothered with all this stupid drama. See you later."

She could have some form of Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

Time to get a new girlfriend