What are some high-paying jobs for artists?

Serious answers please. I really love doing art and I do want to pursue in art. But most art jobs aren't that high paying, but which ones are for artistic and creative people?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 days ago

Most artists don't make a lot of money and those that do are very talented and have something unique to offer that other artists don't possess.

• 1 week ago

I'm serious.. You need to be a con artist. I could give you a long list of people who have made themselves independently wealthy for their talent, but the realm of "art" is so subjective that application of technique is worthless. What is art? What drives its value? The con is in con-vincing a patron to pay for your crap...  good luck to you. Don't give up your day job, just yet...

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

fristly use a talent, and make a strong portfolio, then sell all art in online digital work like part time job, have a lost of market digital help you to do that 

Source(s): Keywork: shutterstock, envato,Fiverr, 123RF, ...
  • 1 month ago

There's a reason most artists believe in the advice of "Follow your dreams, but don't give up your day job". I've know a few artists in my decades, and most have to work jobs outside of the arts to pay the bills.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

get a college degree in "graphic arts". there are million of printers, publishers, magazines, and news journals or newspapers  who use graphic-arts all of the time.

plus, you need to be able to use the computer for those graphic arts.

• 2 months ago

Have you ever heard the tern "starving artists"?? There's a reason for that. Friend of mine took art in college. Today he works for the state government & paints in his spare time. He's pretty good. I have some of his painting on my walls. But he was never able to make a living with his art.

• Ash2 months agoReport

Yet another Millennial who expects to graduate college and walk into a job paying $150,000 a year.

• 2 months ago

There really aren't any. You should not expect to get out of college or arts school after majoring in any kind of art and get a high paying job. That's pie in the sky. Sorry. That's just the way it is - whether it's right or wrong. Someone who goes to a trade school for 2 years and learns how to fix appliances will outearn an art school grad and at the same time have a fraction of the educational debt. My new neighbor is not yet 30 and just bought a $350,000 house. He has an HVAC company. He has a new, big, shiny pickup, a boat and a classic car too - plus two kids.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Fast food, in comparison to what most artists make from their art, is good pay.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Commission work can be high paying, but that means you already have to have established yourself as an artist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.