I can't cope with things when i'm at my parents, but can when i'm at school?

I'm 21 years old. Last year when I was in the visual arts program in college I moved an hour and 20 mins away from home, but came home on weeks. I manged school really good tbh. But once it was over I returned home for the summer, and I was a mess. I couldn't seem to control my emotions like I could when I... show more I'm 21 years old. Last year when I was in the visual arts program in college I moved an hour and 20 mins away from home, but came home on weeks. I manged school really good tbh. But once it was over I returned home for the summer, and I was a mess. I couldn't seem to control my emotions like I could when I was in my own apartment. I started fashion and design 3 weeks ago. I am struggling because it's all so new and I find it very hard. But in class I don't get frustrated. A classmate yesterday hugged me and thanked me for keeping her so calm. I've stayed after school working on things for 2-3 hours to get work done, and do it right. I called my mom and told her how late I stayed at the school and she said, "Why is it just you staying late and not anyone else?" And I just lost it and freaked out. It really upset me tbh. I'm trying so hard. But when I'm at home I flip out and scream and cry and I just get so overwhelmed and upset when i'm at my parents. I have great coping skills away from home, but none when i'm home. Why is that?
1 answer 1