Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Debt collections?

I got a bill from debt collections but never recieved a bill from the company that is saying I own them. Is this legal?

I'd be willing to bet you got that bill or whoever attempted to mail it to your last listed address. The debt collectors find your current address...

This happens ALL the time. Bills get lost in the mail or you moved etc. Perfectly legal. Usually if you call the collection agency & make arrangements to pay they won't report if they've had it less than 30 days.

Kzhshhwhaijzhzbsjkaaldgdhbxnzmzj

Yes. To easy for you to say "I never got a bill"

Yes. There are things that you are required to pay even if you don't get a bill.

• Judy

yes......................................

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act requires that the debt collector show you evidence of the debt before taking further action. So you have the right to demand a copy of the original bill- otherwise the debt collector has to back off.

Maybe, Ask the debt collectors to send paper work proving you owe the money.