Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 10 months ago

Can the employee stop me from making a purchase?

I’m going to buy gift cards for my friends, that are going to total up to around $800 ($100 for each friend). I’m gonna use my money (in cash) to buy them. I’m wondering if I went to GameStop, would they stop (no pun intended) me from purchasing 8 gift cards each for a $100. I’m 14, by the way. I don’t want them to call my mom, thinking I stole $800 and went to buy some gift cards... So, would I be in the good zone?? I don’t want my parents to know about the purchase because they don’t like online video games, and they WILL insist on me buying a more “appropriate” gift for my friends. (I do know my friends well, and trust me, they will like the gift cards.)

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

If you're paying with cash or your own debit card probably not. But if you have decent parents who aren't loaded it'll be the amount you're spending rather than what you're spending it on that'll be the problem. P.S. Trying to buy friends never works.

Why not keep the money for yourself instead of being taken advantage?

i dont think so, they'll just figure your parents gave you the money

• marty

I don't see them doing anything. Money talks and if you have the cash I'm sure they'll sell you the cards.

• Eva

That's a lot of money to be spending on friends. Are you trying to buy their friendship? It would seem like $25 for each would be enough.

• 10 months agoReport

Nope, complicated situation, but it’s also benefiting me.