Smiley piercing hole isn't closing, help?

I pierced my smiley a few years ago and it was lovely, healed nice and everything. I went through a phase of not wanting my piercings anymore and took it out, it healed quite quickly and that was that. Fast forward a few years and here we are, I pierced my smiley again and it seemed to be doing fine. Started... show more I pierced my smiley a few years ago and it was lovely, healed nice and everything. I went through a phase of not wanting my piercings anymore and took it out, it healed quite quickly and that was that.

Fast forward a few years and here we are, I pierced my smiley again and it seemed to be doing fine. Started healing quickly and such. I bought a horseshoe piercing from the store Spencer's and within an hour my smiley was irritated, I chocked that up to being it still healing. A couple days later and it's still irritated, I kept my mouth/piercing/jewelry all clean.

A week later I noticed the hole was bigger and the piercing had migrated quite low. I took it out. I've been checking on it and keeping everything as clean as possible. The hole doesn't hurt and it's not irritated at all however it's been about a month if not a little longer and the hole doesn't seem to be closing.

Does the migration cause it to take longer to heal? Will it heal or and I screwed to ever have it again? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Any advice would be great!