Thyroid Troubles?

For anyone who has been in my shoes or has experience with this topic, I would love your input. 2 nodules have recently been been found on my thyroid. The specifics are : 2.7×1.4×.2.2 cm isoechoic well defined nodule with central necrosis in mid-superior pole and the other is a 4.7×4.4 mm hypoechoic nodule in... show more For anyone who has been in my shoes or has experience with this topic, I would love your input. 2 nodules have recently been been found on my thyroid. The specifics are : 2.7×1.4×.2.2 cm isoechoic well defined nodule with central necrosis in mid-superior pole and the other is a 4.7×4.4 mm hypoechoic nodule in inferior pole.
I have my appointment with an endocrinologist next week and of course, I m nervous about what I might be told. Yes, I am that person that tries to diagnose myself on google lol, and I fear that I might need to have surgery because, I think the nodule is causing me to have a cough. And I ve read, if the nodules are causing symptoms then, surgery is most likely necessary. I have many test done on my thyroids before and, everything always came back normal. It wasn t until I had an ultrasound done and that s when they seen the nodules. I remember my mom having surgery on her thyroid (non cancerous) and her voice was HORRIBLE after the surgery. She needed a second surgery to correct it. I know my best answer is, wait until I actually sit down with endocrinologist but, can someone just calm me down, share their story, give me some insight or feel free to educate me more on the topic?