Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 3 months ago

Refrigerator Problems. Whenever I open my refrigerator door and then close it, the refrigerator sounds like it is leaking and actually?

does leak a little on the floor. What could be causing this, and what can I do about it (besides buying a new fridge). The refrigerator seems to work well enough besides that.

The evap tray needs to be emptied and cleaned.

Do I look like a refrigerator repair man?

there's a water collection pan underneath the 'fridge. it is likely overflowing, or nearly so, and your closing the door jostles the water so that some spills over onto the floor.

in theory, this shouldn't happen. possible problems ... the fan which directs air over this pan [to cause evaporation] is not working. your environment is so humid that the evaporation process has isn't working. the door is frequently left ajar, which allows excess moisture to enter the refrigerator and later is collected by the pan. the door's seal is badly damaged. the drain tube is partly blocked [hint: it's at the lowest point of the refrigerator portion on over and under models. side by sides have two ...one for each side.]

Source(s): grampa