patty
Lv 5
patty asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theatre · 2 months ago

if I buy a sound bar how do I connect it to my tv?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Most the ones I've seen advertised in various online stores (Amazon + Walmart mostly) seem to be gravitating towards having a bluetooth connection, with optional ability to connect via HDMI.

Should be able to connect it directly to the TV.

True Home Theater nerds more likely to buy an A/V receiver / Amplifier gadget (e.g. Onkyo / Yamaha / Sony), and connect it through that.... saw some the other day with built-in Bluetooth networking in addition to HDMI + Optical connection options.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not WIFI. What were you thinking?

• falcon
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Just read the manual it's easy look at the diagram

• Lance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on which TV and which sound bar, they are not all the same. The most common method is either using optical or HDMI with ARC. So you want to investigate what connection options the sound bar you want to get has and also your TV connections..Some bargain sound bars have neither HDMI nor optical so its critical when buying a sound bar that you know what it is your getting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

by following the instruction manual

• 2 months ago

Read The Manuals For Both Pieces Of Equipment.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Power on your tv and soundbar. Go to Audio Settings on tv and go to Advanced Audio Settings then at top of screen you should see ARC press arrow next to it to show its ON.  Take your hidmi cable and hook it up to hdmi(1) in back of your tv. It should also say arc next to it. Connect other end of hdmi cable into hdmi out on back of soundbar. Now audio should play through soundbar

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most sound bars now are connected via HDMI, older ones will probably be connected via Optical

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.