Job Interview but?

So I've been searching for a job for months, (I'm trying to get into the retail industry because I hate hospitality) and I finally got an interview with a homewares store for a job I really want. My only hesitation is my appearance, I'm an alternative person, I have a couple of piercings and currently... show more So I've been searching for a job for months, (I'm trying to get into the retail industry because I hate hospitality) and I finally got an interview with a homewares store for a job I really want. My only hesitation is my appearance, I'm an alternative person, I have a couple of piercings and currently my hair is half and half (half blue, half black). I considered dying my hair all black as I know some employers are pretty anal about personal presentation but I won't have the time to do a proper job before the interview. I want to give myself the best chance in this interview so for those in retail who consider themselves alternative is it a deal breaker having coloured hair? And if I bring it up in the interview and offer to change it before I start working will that be better than not saying anything? Thanks.
9 answers 9