Best way to wash your hair with a broken foot/ankle?

I broke my foot about a month ago. I can t bear any weight on it yet. I ve figured out cleaning myself but still haven t figured out my hair. I have access to a cramped half bathroom but my hair is too long and thick to get it in the small sink. I ve been going to a local hair salon but I can t get up the steps. Any ideas? TIA

Just hop in the shower/get someone to help you and stand on 1 foot while u shower

• Edna

Oh, bull! I've had a broken foot and a sprained ankle, both at once. If you broke your foot a month ago, you probably have a "boot" to wear on your foot. You can walk with a boot on your foot and you can stand with a boot on your foot. You can certainly stand in one spot in front of the sink long enough to wash your hair - no matter how long your hair is.l

• Edna

Elizabeth: ;Wash you hair in your kitchen sink - it'll be easier. Don't try to wash your long hair in your small bathroom sink. If that doesn't work, why don't you just cut your long hair that is down below your waist and then you won't have this problem.

Get a shower chair, sit in it and take your shower/wash your hair. If you have a broken foot, i'm sure you have a doctor, and he can prescribe a chair to be delivered. Most insurance will pay for these chairs.

• August

ask someone to help you by filling a bowl and pouring some warm water over your head with a cup etc

no idea on using broken feet to wash hair; i use my hands

maybe you could put a bench in the shower and wash it that way or have someone from a home care agency come to help you out, maybe you could cut your hair or shave it off and wear a wig and then you wont have nothing to wash till your foot heals up

• denise

Can you put a stool / chair in the shower base? It would have to be waterproof.

• Elizabeth10 months agoReport

Shower is upstairs sadly

• If you have a sink that's deep enough, maybe try washing your hair in that but try not to put any weight on your foot.