Best way to wash your hair with a broken foot/ankle?

I broke my foot about a month ago. I can t bear any weight on it yet. I ve figured out cleaning myself but still haven t figured out my hair. I have access to a cramped half bathroom but my hair is too long and thick to get it in the small sink. I ve been going to a local hair salon but I can t get up the steps. Any ideas? TIA

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Just hop in the shower/get someone to help you and stand on 1 foot while u shower

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Oh, bull! I've had a broken foot and a sprained ankle, both at once. If you broke your foot a month ago, you probably have a "boot" to wear on your foot. You can walk with a boot on your foot and you can stand with a boot on your foot. You can certainly stand in one spot in front of the sink long enough to wash your hair - no matter how long your hair is.l

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Elizabeth: ;Wash you hair in your kitchen sink - it'll be easier. Don't try to wash your long hair in your small bathroom sink. If that doesn't work, why don't you just cut your long hair that is down below your waist and then you won't have this problem.

• 10 months ago

Get a shower chair, sit in it and take your shower/wash your hair. If you have a broken foot, i'm sure you have a doctor, and he can prescribe a chair to be delivered. Most insurance will pay for these chairs.

• August
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

ask someone to help you by filling a bowl and pouring some warm water over your head with a cup etc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

no idea on using broken feet to wash hair; i use my hands

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

maybe you could put a bench in the shower and wash it that way or have someone from a home care agency come to help you out, maybe you could cut your hair or shave it off and wear a wig and then you wont have nothing to wash till your foot heals up

• denise
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Can you put a stool / chair in the shower base? It would have to be waterproof.

• Elizabeth10 months agoReport

Shower is upstairs sadly

• If you have a sink that's deep enough, maybe try washing your hair in that but try not to put any weight on your foot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.