My nursing cat is behaving oddly.?

My cat is 1.5 years old and had her first liter of one kitten one week ago. Her behavior began changing a few days ago and is getting noticeably worse. She's began giving her kitten space but was still very aware and tended to her whenever she made a noise. Now, she is still giving the kitten space, stll... show more My cat is 1.5 years old and had her first liter of one kitten one week ago. Her behavior began changing a few days ago and is getting noticeably worse.

She's began giving her kitten space but was still very aware and tended to her whenever she made a noise. Now, she is still giving the kitten space, stll nursing the kitten. But she goes to the kitten and starts freaking out, meowing a lot. Getting in and out of their basket, searching around the area, once the kitten is awake and crying she sits on her (not in any crushing way) then once she can she cleans her excessively before nursing. Why is she acting like this?

About a year ago, she went from the sweetest most loving kitty to one that no one can touch (besides myself- mostly). She traveled with us and loved meeting people and even now, she shows no sign of discomfort or aggression in the slightest when someone approaches until after she's sniffed them. This behavior was seen in her playing with toys as well. She'd play with her toys and be the happiest babys until suddenly shed freak out and fluff up. Full panic.

Could these be related? Could it be chemical? A cause for concern?