jules asked in PetsCats · 3 months ago

I found a stray kitten in the rain?

It looks like its a couple of days old but there have been floods in my area and I don’t think the mum is coming back, there is 5 hours until the vet opens and there is no one from any organisation who can take him this time of night. Will he make it till morning? Is there something I can feed him that wont make him too sick?

• Nathan

Do not feed him, he needs specially formulated milk or can get very ill. As long as you keep him warm and dry he should cope until he gets to a vet

• PAMELA

It will die unless it gets kitten milk pretty quickly.

i would keep him and take him to the vet in the morning, he'll do a lot better with you than out in the rain

• patty

there are emergency vets. can u get to the chemist and ask for something suitable to feed a young kitten (eyedropper type thing). Then get some normal or lactose free milk. try to keep warm. give it pats etc.

• jules3 months agoReport

The closest one to my home is 3 hours away and I don’t own a car. The kitten has been taken to the vet anyhow, they tell me it is unlikey to survive