? asked in TravelFranceParis · 5 months ago

Does anyone know if it is considered rude in Paris to lower down the back rest of the seat in bus trips?

What kind of bus? A city bus that you're on for a few minutes? I don't think the seats recline. If it's a tourist bus, there won't be French people on it. I think it's pretty rude anywhere to intrude into the space of the person behind you.

From me as a native French person, it's like in any other country and there is the same problem in the planes too.

I think the best is to ask the person sitting behind you.

It is rude everywhere.

If you gonna make someone else there sitting space smaller you a being rude.

And i am a european if you want to know.

It's considered rude all over the world by some people ...and perfectly ok by others. And if you're on a bus in Paris, there probably won't be any French people on it, anyway.

• ?5 months agoReport

I’ve traveled by bus overnight in some countries outside Europe where most people wanted to sleep, so pretty much everybody lowered their back rests so it would be more comfortable. But I guess it is a cultural thing and it depends on the way people think and do things in that specific place Thanks