Is it "harmful" to use baby oil and Vitamin E Oil on a bicycle?

To basically explain, I biked to my workplace which is a dermatology office. My bike squeaked a lot and very loudly especially when I used the brakes. It did not seem that it was natural noise as the brake pads press against the bike wheel.There was screeching and "moaning" coming from what seemed to... show more To basically explain, I biked to my workplace which is a dermatology office. My bike squeaked a lot and very loudly
especially when I used the brakes. It did not seem that it was natural noise as the brake pads press against the bike wheel.There was screeching and "moaning" coming from what seemed to be parts near the wheel. Not just the wheel itself. . So when I got to my workplace there was no Thee in One oil. I thought I would use baby oil and vitamin E oil which there was a bottle each of in the office.
I put some baby oil and Vitamin E oil on the gears and almost all places where there were joints or moving parts. Then I rode my bike back home and it was completely silent and when I went up a very steep incline the pedaling was easier and smoother.
Then for days afterward the bike was silent without squeaking. I got better results than when I use There in One oil. The bike often starts squeaking again a day after using Three in One oil. With baby oil the bike stays silent for a longer time. But then is it harmful to the mechanism or the material of a bike to use baby oil or vitamin E oil on it?
Update: Not to discredit experts but, I find that I have to lubricate the bike fewer times using baby oil than using Three-in-One oil and that the bike seems to work better overall with baby oil than other oils I have used meant for mechanical items or for bikes. The bike often still squeaks with Three-in-One oil... show more Not to discredit experts but, I find that I have to lubricate the bike fewer times using baby oil than using Three-in-One oil and that the bike seems to work better overall with baby oil than other oils I have used meant for mechanical items or for bikes. The bike often still squeaks with Three-in-One oil applied, but not with baby oil.. As for the cost, a regular container of Three-in-One costs at least three dollars. I can buy a huge bottle of baby oil at a dollar store.