Im 37 and Ive wasted my life, I've never been social nor had any fun. Just wanted advice?

Im a 37 year old female and just have lots of regrets in life, some controllable others not. All through school and college I had no social skills at all, was very quiet and unstylish/very tomboyish (I've still never worn a dress to this date). I struggled to make friends and lads just took the piss out of me,... show more Im a 37 year old female and just have lots of regrets in life, some controllable others not. All through school and college I had no social skills at all, was very quiet and unstylish/very tomboyish (I've still never worn a dress to this date). I struggled to make friends and lads just took the piss out of me, all I cared about was sport. At college for a psychology facial attraction topic I was rated the least attractive in the class lol, even though I had a slim physically fit body. It was my own fault I had short unflattering hair and was always in baggy sportswear. I just had no idea on hair/style etc. 
I never got to have sex/go out drinking. I focused on keeping fit etc until my late twenties when I dated a much much older man, but he often called me unfeminine, odd and said I need a make over (probably true) he was ok in some ways I guess but he ended it. 
Anyway Ive grown my hair a bit longer now and tried it in a braid for the first time, it looks very feminine lol. Sounds odd but I wish that back at school id have put more effort into looking feminine if id have had long hair and a skirt/worn a bit of make up I swear my life would have been different i.e. id have attracted a guy or 2 and maybe had more confidence. I had confidence but only in athletics lol. 
I worry its too late now. 

I wish I had the social skills/knowledge about life that I have now (even tho I've still no friends!) so I would bond/make friends at school/college. Ive wasted life.