Builder yelled at me for parking over MY drive?

I live in an end-of-terrace house and the house on the corner of the next street are making flats. This has been going on now for 4 months and they're no way complete nor had we been given notice of these works being carried out. Almost every day concrete/wood deliveries are made and lorries park over my drop... show more I live in an end-of-terrace house and the house on the corner of the next street are making flats. This has been going on now for 4 months and they're no way complete nor had we been given notice of these works being carried out. Almost every day concrete/wood deliveries are made and lorries park over my drop kerb. I never complain, as I've never had to take my car out at the time of their visits. However, today, I came back from shopping and a lorry was parked over 3 driveways, including mine. I pointed to the driver I needed to get my car onto my drive (they know me and my car now), but he wouldn't move the lorry and in the end I had to drive over 2 of my neighbour's drives to get my car in. When I got out of my car I didn't get one apology and they sat in the lorry cabin with their feet up on the dashboard smoking. I went up to the cabin and said I had trouble getting my car in and that they're parked over my drop kerb. One of the builders yelled, "HOW DO I KNOW WHAT YOU WANTED BY POINTING TO YOUR DRIVEWAY AND DON'T GET ALL LEGAL WITH ME!" Well, it is my drop kerb. I have been back home 2 hours now and the lorry still there whilst they unpack/finish lunch. One of the builders said to me that I should leave a notice up not to park over my drive, but I shouldn't have to as the works as carried out at the road on the corner, so really using my driveway this road is a bonus for them. What do I do?
They ignore "Please don't park here signs" too.
Update: Police call it a 'civil matter', Susie.
6 answers 6