Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 4 months ago

Will tanning help reduce pimples?

So I'm a 22yo male and I have very pale skin and farmer's tan. I'm German Irish and live in Florida. My neck, face and forearms are the only parts of my body that have color. The rest is literally pasty white casper the friendly ghost. I get pimples and such on my chest, back, shoulder, etc and yes I shower daily and scrub with soap so cleanliness isn't the issue. I've noticed I only get these pimples in the areas that are white. Could sitting in the sun and getting some color help with that?

• Hypnos

NO. Sitting in the sun if anything will make it worse because the remnants of the pimple ie. the scar or mark that is left after it is gone, will more or less tarnish your skin and the aftermath of the pimple takes a lot longer fade than it is to pop the pimple in the first place which I also don't recommend because that too leads to scarring.

No. If you have acne, see a doctor. The sun will only cause skin cancers, especially in someone who burns easily. 

I've heard the sun can help treat acne

yes, the sun dries up oil.