I can only smile on one side of my face?

okay so, its something that I was born with and I m really self concious of it. when I smile, on the left side of my face, it s a normal smile. but on the right side of my face, as much as I try to smile that side of my mouth barely moves and it looks like a smirky kind of smile. doesn t sound like a lot but it makes me look really weird from certain angles and head on and I was wondering what I can do to fix it, things like home remedies / excersises please :(

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

yes that smile is true

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Dont be self conscious no one is perfect. My face works fine but because im insecure i tend to only half smile.

• Laura
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

This is not normal.

I highly recommend seeing a neurologist.

• Mrcury
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

lol u lolhead lol lol lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Stroke can happen at any age. See a doctor.

• 4 months ago

I think you should see a doctor. There may be an operation to replace some of the muscles in your face. I have a friend who has this. I'm sorry, it sucks.

• 4 months ago

Part of this potential solution comes down to what exactly is causing the problem. For example, if the problem is a muscle deficiency, there may be exercises you can do for it. If the problem is a nerve deficiency, though, that gets a lot more complicated and there may be little you can do about it without getting some kind of corrective procedure done. Do you happen to know what has caused the paralysis (i.e. has a doctor ever told you)?

Source(s): I'm an occupational therapist!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.