Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Why do women choose sperm donors?

I know some women can either be in same sex relationships, or have infertility, but if you don t and your in your low twenties is it a bad choice?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

They want a baby one way or another.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're still just in your early 20s then why are you giving up on romantic relationships so soon? You've barely had time to see what's out there.

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Presumably you are asking about women who do not have romantic/sexual partners. Some women at any age feel an overwhelming desire for a baby.

• 2 months ago

Some just don't have a partner but want a child.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

One of the more common reasons is genetic diseases and conditions

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Each woman has her own reason. A family friend is married to a man who's DNA carries a rare birth defect so they felt it was safer to have a sperm donor. This was before doctors could create embryos and check to see with embryo didn't have the birth defect, they would have done this if it was available 20 years ago but it wasn't.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think no child should be deliberately born to a "single mother."  Kids NEED a mother and father.  Because I feel really strongly about that, I would NEVER be an anonymous sperm donor.  I don't want my seed being a semi-orphan if I can help it. 

Source(s): Yeah, whatever, but that's how I feel about it.
    • Katnip2 months agoReport

You are rather ignorant when it comes to why someone may use a sperm donor. It isn't always single women. There are married couples who use anonymous sperm for medical reasons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.