Anonymous

Did I get treated fairly?

Interviewed with this company. They gave me a phone screen, went great and they scheduled a face to face interview right away for the next day. Got the face to face interview and it went great. Got a walk around the office, interviewed by two other people who work in the department, got business cards and every sign that said it would indicate a great interview. So they contacted 2 weeks later saying they want me to come in for shadowing/training and they asked what my availability was. They asked me on a Thursday what my availability was and later that day I replied my availability was next week anytime Tuesday-Friday. So I get to the end of the week...just to get some sorry automated email saying they filled the position and they’ll keep my information on file for other openings. I just feel like I didn’t get treated fairly considering they asked me to come in, yet I never even got a chance to go in...

I always made sure to set appointments up for as soon as they ask, rather than wait till the next week. Don't feel bad my company gives a tour & cards to every applicant.. it's just part of the interview process. It's not unfair.. all jobs interview multiple people & they all have to come in. Just keep looking.

• Maxi

They likely also asked others the same and they didn't put them off till next week and so they found someone else from the ones who did go in

Other applicants for that position never made it to the phone screen. Is it fair to them that you got a phone screen, a face to face interview and the opportunity to walk around the office and meet people while they didn't?

Someone else got the job and you didn't. Get over it. Worrying about whether or not it's fair is a useless exercise. Let's say it's unfair. Okay, now what?

Maybe you got an auto reply in error.

You are free to ask the company if the shadowing is still going to be scheduled, if you would like. Or you can move on.