Baby crying and complaining for 8 hours straight?

My baby is just about to be 8 weeks old and has been in this phase for the past 3 days where he will cry for 8 hours straight. I feed, burp, change, play with, talk to, sing to, rock, give baths, etc. and nothing helps. All he does is complain in his crib when I put him down and when I try to have him with me... show more My baby is just about to be 8 weeks old and has been in this phase for the past 3 days where he will cry for 8 hours straight. I feed, burp, change, play with, talk to, sing to, rock, give baths, etc. and nothing helps. All he does is complain in his crib when I put him down and when I try to have him with me thinking he's awake and bored in his crib he cries like he's tired but as soon as I put him down it's back to crying. I don't know what the hell he wants or why he can't just sleep during the day if he's clearly tired. He sleeps fine at night but during the day its hell. It's the same exact timing too like clockwork. I can't just hold him all day its unrealistic to expect me to either, I have to do other things besides cater to his consitant crying and it's like he doesnt want to give me a break. I understand he's a baby but come on. What even is this and will it get better, worse, or stay the same? I also don't want to hear the judgements from 'perfect parents' either so save me the "how dare you not bend over backwards and almost pass out trying to keep your baby happy like I do. My baby is a little angel so clearly you're doing something wrong unlike me" comments. I can barely eat, sit down, shower, use the bathroom or even sleep during the day because all of my energy is spent trying to calm him down. And don't even get me started on how he wants his pacifier, calms down, then spits it out as soon as I leave the room. What can I do to stop whatever this is?
8 answers 8