How to deal with sort of controlling parents?

Hey, I m a 18 year old female that s 4 11. I want to hang out with friends and new people but when I ask my parents they immediately say no because "oh I only know them from the phone" "Dad won t be home when you want to hang out with them" It s frustrating and I m just debating going out and... show more Hey, I m a 18 year old female that s 4 11. I want to hang out with friends and new people but when I ask my parents they immediately say no because "oh I only know them from the phone" "Dad won t be home when you want to hang out with them" It s frustrating and I m just debating going out and hanging out with my friends despite them saying no because they ve even admitted to sheltering me.

It s like they don t listen to me when i tell them i know how to protect myself. I don t know if I m just being dumb but it s really upsetting because I feel like I m not being treated like an adult, I should be able to hang out with friends.
Update: They also won't even let me use uber or lyft because "oh you're gonna get kidnapped" and it's so tiring.