Is fibromyalgia a physical manifestation of depression?

No physical cause or abnormalities have been found.

• Pippin

Both fibro and depression are complex disorders that are not fully understood.

And yes, the two often go together (both appear to derive from the way the brain processes incoming data, whether mood or pain).

Which does not mean that everyone who has one will have the other, but co-occurrence is pretty common. (And, of course, being exhausted and in pain all the time can lead to some degree of depression.) And some antidepressant drugs can also be helpful for fibro or other pain symptoms.

I doubt it, I have a friend with fibromyalgia and she's not depressed. Just because we can't find any physical abnormalities yet, then it doesn't mean they aren't there. I have MS and trigeminal neuralgia, the damage in my brain and spinal cord is clearly visible on MRI scans, but just 50 years ago it would have been a completely different matter.

No i dint believe so my sister has it and she’s not depressed