Lisa asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Will airlines serve free meals in the future?

Update:

Will airlines stop serving junk

Food? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Actually meals are never free, there are some airlines and some destinations which include the money of the meal in the ticket price but there are also some that flights that you have to pay for the food right in the spot.

• 2 months ago

You will find meals are included in the cost of your ticket.

• 2 months ago

You need to understand the difference between "free" and "included in the price you pay".

No airline has EVER served "free" meals.

• Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Generally budget airlines make you pay extra for sandwiches and drinks, as well as movies. I flew Asia Airlines to Malaysia and ordered a meal and movies when I ordered the ticket. I got a reasonable meal and drinks, and they gave me an Ipad to watch a selection of movies stored on it. The lady who sat next to me did not order any of the extras so went hungry for 8 hours although I think they may have been offered water. It is all dependent on what they want their prices for the flight are decided. If the airline only carry meals for those who prepay they can minimise the cost of the airfare.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The way airlines are cutting back on meals, you will be lucky if you get a vitamin pill and a bottle of water

• 2 months ago

Depends on the airline and length of the flight. On Trans-Pacific flights, I have received meals without having to pay for them. However I am sure the cost of the meal is factored into the ticket price.

• 2 months ago

I'd like to think airlines will have a renaissance some day

• 2 months ago

Complimentary is the correct term, as the cost is part of the overall fare you pay. It is already starting that low cost carriers are selling meals on board on long haul flights or offering the option to prepay. even legacy carriers, such as BA are offering enhanced meal options to economy passengers for an extra charge.

They don't really serve Junk now, but it is kept to a tight budget.

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

On domestic flights, it's pretty much all airlines. The low cost airlines aren't even offering food for purchase.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Meals have never been free. They may be part of your ticket cost, but that does not make them free.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.