I'm fermenting wine and I need advice, when the temperatures drop to about 45-50 degrees F should I turn my electric heater on?

Should I open the closet that the carboys are in and leave my electric heater about 3 feet from it for an hour or so? Because nights (and early mornings) in Philadelphia are starting to get cold. There's activity in the airlocks. It's bubbling. About 1 bubble every 2-4 seconds, but I basically want to knock... show more Should I open the closet that the carboys are in and leave my electric heater about 3 feet from it for an hour or so?
Because nights (and early mornings) in Philadelphia are starting to get cold.
There's activity in the airlocks.
It's bubbling. About 1 bubble every 2-4 seconds, but I basically want to knock the cold out the air by briefly using this electric heater every morning.
It's supposed to go up to 70 F today.

Should I just let it ferment in that cold closet, so that it doesn't get used to the artificial heat?

P.S. The heat in this apartment building doesn't come on until temperatures get a bit colder - otherwise I'm sure my apartment would be a steady 70 F.
1 answer 1