I was talking to an Amazon representative on the phone, and he told me that he lives right down the road from me. why it felt awkward after?

I was speaking at first to people in third world countries like in India, South Africa etc. and I asked if they would please transfer me to the USA after just going around and around in circles with them regarding a problem I had with UPS picking up return packages and then they transferred me to the USA after... show more I was speaking at first to people in third world countries like in India, South Africa etc. and I asked if they would please transfer me to the USA after just going around and around in circles with them regarding a problem I had with UPS picking up return packages and then they transferred me to the USA after several requests...and the guy told me that he lived right down the road from me?! how f'ing weird? but why it felt awkward after he told me that? (btw, he didn't sound like he was just pulling my leg and he sounded like people where I am from too)