Drumming problems related to the metronome.?

Hello all, So I ve been working with my drummer for 5 years, we ve established the need for the metronome.. I record the guitar and vocals first onto a metronome timed by beats per minutes, and then he records onto that. we ve been having a lot of trouble with this, as he complains often of the metronome being off,... show more Hello all, So I ve been working with my drummer for 5 years, we ve established the need for the metronome.. I record the guitar and vocals first onto a metronome timed by beats per minutes, and then he records onto that. we ve been having a lot of trouble with this, as he complains often of the metronome being off, or feeling as though a beat here and there is missing or one is added... For instance, I try to make sure the song sounds right, so this recent track I m working on is at 145, but was orignally at 150, what would that do? would that add or take away a beat? what would be the consequences of this? why are we having so much trouble?
Update: Thank you all for coming to the aid of this issue, you have all collectively taught me a lot. I would like to add more details to the issues. 1) I play on time when there is an issue I go back and fix it. 2) Problem with Time Signature or the sub divisions? we know little about both. if that's a problem, can... show more Thank you all for coming to the aid of this issue, you have all collectively taught me a lot. I would like to add more details to the issues.
1) I play on time when there is an issue I go back and fix it.
2) Problem with Time Signature or the sub divisions? we know little about both. if that's a problem, can you tell why I am able to play my guitar parts perfectly fine within a 4/4 T.S.?
3) Would it be a viable solution if the Drummer played with the metronome but slowly went out of the 4/4?