Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 3 months ago

Starting a t shirt business where I make employee uniform shirts. I’m curious though if someone hands?

If someone hands me a t shirt with their company logo in vinyl. How do I make that logo into a file where I can use it to be screen printed? Photoshop or illustrate? I need as much details as possible

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Files don't do printing. Printing machines do printing.

• 3 months ago

First you get a license from the owners of the artwork to reproduce their logo, subject to their strict quality standards. Second, you either get camera-ready copy from them or you use high-quality photography equipment to digitize whatever else you need for your printing operation, again, subject to the owner's approval.

• 3 months ago

You're getting into dangerous territory fiddling around with company logos, especially when you don't know what you're doing. Most companies have zero tolerance for anyone recreating their logos unless they're specifically authorized and follow extremely tight restrictions such as size, color, etc. Even if someone hands you a shirt with a logo on it, you still need written authorization to reproduce it. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for a nasty lawsuit.

Think about it. If you owned a company and had a valuable logo, would you want some amateur who didn't know what they were doing to reproduce your logo and display it wherever they wanted?

• 3 months ago

If you do not know how to do that very simple thing, then how can you start the business?

How can you even think of starting a business that you have no experience in?

The first thing you need to do is go to a trad show where they have t shirt making equipment, find the equipment that you want to use, and then find out where you can train on it.

If you do not know how to use your equipment, you will make so many mistakes that people will not come to you and you will go out of business.

AFTER you have trained on the machines, then you need to find a CPA and pay that person to sit down with you to make a business plan.

If you do not have a business plan, no bank will lend you money to start your business. No one anywhere will give you a business loan without a business plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Scan, photograph, redraw, digitize, request for a graphic file in a USB drive, printed on paper, research from the internet, or do whatever it takes to get the job done.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

When someone starts a business they need to know/understand how to run that business, clearly you don't so you need to go and take some training/education about how to or employ someone else who does before you even attempt to 'start the business'

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Typically people start businesses that they understand. You obviously do not know anything about creating logos and putting them on shirts. Or the copyright laws that would prevent you from taking an existing shirt and trying to copy the logo.

Perhaps you should think about starting a business that you have some experience with????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.