arther
arther asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 10 months ago

Question for old people that have been going to the same beach for many years has the high tide mark risen or changed?

If you answered yes how much bore water is taken from the ground in that area?

• Mr. P

In the UK I know of a few ports that have become silted up, so the tide never reaches them anymore. They are full of sand. Nobody is sinking.

If you think about it - wouldn't a warmer planet put more moisture in the air?

I think I would rather have a few more feet of sea water than a return to the next ice age with a 200ft glacier on my doorstep.

Hard to say with a beach, sand moves on it own, is reshaped by storms and human activity, many beach’s are rebuilt.

You need something more fixed, for where I live (Hobart, Tasmania) it’s a port city on the river Derwent. There is a set off concrete piers designed and built in the 1950’s for small boats, intended to be just above water level at high tide, today at high tide it is under ~6in of water.

• arther

I remember seeing them under water at high tide in the 70's when i was In Tasmania as a young bloke.