Should my bf and I stay together or should we part ways?

My boyfriend and I don”t share any common interests, hobbies, or values (such as political, religion, etc). I try to enjoy the things he does, but I can’t stand it especially when he doesn’t try the things I like. It’s to the point we don’t watch tv together because we aren’t interested in what one another is... show more My boyfriend and I don”t share any common interests, hobbies, or values (such as political, religion, etc). I try to enjoy the things he does, but I can’t stand it especially when he doesn’t try the things I like. It’s to the point we don’t watch tv together because we aren’t interested in what one another is watching. We end up arguing over everything because we can’t agree on anything and I hate having conversations; it always leads to arguments. The only way we get along is if I give in and do what he wants or listen or watch what he likes. It’s to a point that I discussed separating, but he doesn’t want to and believes we don’t have to have similar interests or values to be in a relationship. What should I do?
Update: I forgot to mention we have a child together and have been together for years so it isn’t an easy decision.