I spilled juice on my laptop Sunday night and it turned off (read details)?

I put the laptop upside down on a towel for 3 days in hopes that it will dry, but it still won’t cut on. But the orange light on the bottom of the computer keeps flashing. Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to take it to the shop?

Stick the laptop in open form right side up in a big box of rice. Leave for about 4 days to a week. If it don’t turn on after this you likely fried it by trying to turn on without making sure it was completely dry first.

Rice is almost 100% guaranteed to work if you do it immediately when it happens. I have been an IT guy for over 20 years and never seen it not work unless waited to long.

................................

• patty

it should have dried in 3 days. maybe take to shop or buy a new one

• David

here is the same answer to the same series of questions you have been asking for the past few days

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

Repeating your questions is not only against Yahoo T&C it irritates answerers who may be simply repeating answers you have been already given. One question will suffice - just because you don't like the answers, asking the same question over and over won't make any difference

it needs a technician to determine if you've killed it or if it can be resurrected

I own a computer repair shop and you wouldnt believe how many calls we get about people who have spilled something on their laptop

Take that "laptop" (brand, model, cost to you, age, warranty, value of data are all unknown) bottom half completely apart. An ice cube tray is handy for keeping small parts separate. Photos of every step. Soak and rinse every part except hard disk in distilled water with agitation. Repeat 4 times with fresh distilled. Let it dry out for a month. Reassemble. Turn it on with crossed fingers.

Source(s): Rebuilt a 2011 Lenovo G555 that needed a new motherboard.
  • keerok

So within those 3 days of drying, you tried to turn on the laptop? Each time you did that, you fried something new. It's hopeless by now. Time to buy a new one.