Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

Do you think it's creepy to get a tattoo of a celebrity?

I want to get a tattoo of Leonardo DiCaprio as the Wolf of Wall Street, but some people say “Don't do it, if you meet him he'll think it's creepy that you have a tattoo of him”.

I know getting a tattoo of somebody might seem creepy, but technically this isn't a tattoo of “him” as a person, it's a tattoo of his movie character.

What do you think?

Best Answer

I think you should never get a tattoo of a person. The only exception is maybe a memorial piece. But even then, you better pick your artist very carefully. Portraits tend to be difficult to do right. And if it doesn’t turn out absolutely perfect, you’re always gonna look at that crooked line or weird spot and think “I hate that.” Not to mention, you’ll go the rest of your life having to explain why Leonardo DiCaprio’s face is on your body. If you’re asking for validation before you even got it, imagine what it’ll be like after you get it. You’ll constantly be wondering if it was a good idea. Is it weird? Do people know who it is or do they think it’s my gay lover or something? It’s just a strange idea. I get the admiration, it’s an awesome movie. But I wouldn’t do it.

Every Valentine’s Day we are reminded about the importance of showing our commitment to our lovers – whether we are married to them or not. For some people this might mean getting a tattoo of their lover’s name

• mokrie

Dumb idea...like getting a tattoo of Mike Mazurky from one of his movies---yeah who? Never heard of him? He was a big actor that got old and died. Well give it 20 years or 30 years and no one will know who that face is that your wearing. And you'll spend time trying to explain that you thought this actor from the olden days was important enough to permanently brand your body with.

That’s just creepy dude.

— L. DiCaprio

You never know what kind of mess a celebrity will get into in the future, so I don't recommend it.

I don't know. LeBron James seem to do so