Is this license plate from a European country? Or is it from somewhere else?

Can you identify what country is this license plate from and how old it is? Note the unique lettering style [The Florida plate is for size comparison only]? The word "ERUT" is stamped on the back side. There is a company in Germany that stamps "ERUT" on their plates so I must conclude it was... show more Can you identify what country is this license plate from and how old it is? Note the unique lettering style [The Florida plate is for size comparison only]? The word "ERUT" is stamped on the back side. There is a company in Germany that stamps "ERUT" on their plates so I must conclude it was made by them. However I don't see this as being a Germany license plate. Clues anyone?
Update: I finally found out it's a Mid-1980's Black on White Ireland Passenger Front License Plate [Clare County]. Thanks everyone who tried to help!