Do I need to redo all my motorcycle license tests? California?

In 2013 I took a class to get my M1 which included the written test and the riding. When i turned my paperwork into the dmv i was told since i wasnt 21 at the time i still had to hold my permit for 6 months then to come back and go straight to the license photo line and exchange my permit for my license. In the 6 months i moved out of state for a few years and got a new license in the new state, eventually moved back to california and got a new california license. Old permit is well expired and missing. Id like to start riding my bike again but dont know what i should do. I gave the dmv actual paperwork from the class i took so i would think it would be in the system that its all been done??

• g

"Do I need to redo all my motorcycle license tests?"

Yes you do.  

"Old permit is well expired and missing."

The permit, even if found, is worthless at this point.

You need to start the CA DMV motorcycle license process from the very beginning.  

• May

You must start anew.

• JetDoc

If your original motorcycle endorsement was never issued, then you'll have to start all over again. Take another class.

• Dimo

The certificate from the motorcycle class is only good for a year.

Review the rules for motorcycles, go to the DMV and get a motorcycle permit -- you can ride daytime, solo, no freeways. To get your license you can go to the DMV and do the lollypop test, or re-take the class (which waives the test on the DMV parking lot.)

• Ron

You're an adult now. No need for all those classes. Take the written test, get your permit and take the riding test