Cracked my sternum nine months ago, still having some pain?

I was in a car crash, among other things I fractured my sternum on the steering wheel. I was going about 65mph and no airbags at the time so it was a hard hit. It healed after a few months but I continue to have occasional mild stabbing pain on the right side of my chest and numbness in the same area. The numb... show more I was in a car crash, among other things I fractured my sternum on the steering wheel. I was going about 65mph and no airbags at the time so it was a hard hit. It healed after a few months but I continue to have occasional mild stabbing pain on the right side of my chest and numbness in the same area. The numb feeling is constant. I can still feel a little bit but it’s very diminished. I think it’s still my sternum because it’s the same area I had visible bruising and damage in and it’s where it hurt when my sternum was still healing. I’ve talked to my doctors about it but they are more focused on other problems I still have as a result of the crash. It was pretty bad. Everyone I’ve asked has just sort of shrugged. Just wondering if this is normal for that kind of injury, if it might heal or if this is something I might just have to deal with from now on.