Part-time Pilot (Side Hustle)?

Hello Friends, I wanted to become a pilot when I was young :) but couldn't. I'm 38 years old now and have a stable career in IT. At this age, it doesn't make sense to change the career but I still have a desire to fly :). I want to ask if It uncommon for people of other career paths to get the pilot... show more Hello Friends,

I wanted to become a pilot when I was young :) but couldn't. I'm 38 years old now and have a stable career in IT. At this age, it doesn't make sense to change the career but I still have a desire to fly :).
I want to ask if It uncommon for people of other career paths to get the pilot license and fly the small aircraft for a part-time or side hustle to satisfy their desire as well as recover the flying/training cost. I did some research and found that a private pilot license costs somewhere between $20K to $30K. I can afford this much but it seems I can't make money with a private pilot license. I need to have a commercial pilot license which requires more training, more hours and more money. I don't think I will be able to put so much time and money while doing my full time IT job. any thoughts, please.

Thanks.