Does parking your vehicle indoors have any long term benefits?

I have been parking my 2017 Rogue in my garage since I got it new, only I park it outside for work, grocery store, when I go to the mall I try to find underground parking. My mechanic said he has been doing that for 45 years and his cars are doing well . He was saying that he has never had headlights fogging or... show more I have been parking my 2017 Rogue in my garage since I got it new, only I park it outside for work, grocery store, when I go to the mall I try to find underground parking.

My mechanic said he has been doing that for 45 years and his cars are doing well . He was saying that he has never had headlights fogging or getting yellow, during the harsh winters his fuses and batteries were still good, the fuse is important since he said one of his customers wiper fuse broke when it was raining.

Will the car parts last longer parked inside? We experience all 4 seasons here in Canada, and I cannot imagine how someone with a Civic parks their car in 10 feet of snow and has No AWD but manages to get out using traction control.