Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 10 months ago

I'm angry and that I need to stop drinking alcohol. It's my choice but I'm still pissed about it nonetheless. Is this normal ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

You're mad because you don't wanna give it up. I hope that's not your number one source of fun or anything because then that's sure to turn you into an alcoholic.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Perhaps you are angry with yourself because you have discipline and you know that you may be pickling your liver. I drink two Heinekin Light beers every night which is the equivalent of drinking 1.2 regular beers and does not harm anyone.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yes, you're sacrificing a great pleasure. Unfortunately, there really isn't a healthy alternative to it. Seek counseling/therapy, maybe they can help you.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Find an alternative and award yourself points if you use the alternative instead.

So if you like red wine - switch to red grape juice in the same glass, or if you like cider then switch to apple juice. If it is beer then switch to a soda - but always in the same glass.

Quite often when you are distracted you will just reach for the glass anyway as it is a habit, and you probably won't even notice the difference sometimes.

Start by having a night off alcohol, every other night, then extend it. And when you don't drink the night before give yourself that bonus. - like an extra biscuit or something you like or enjoy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laurie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yes, it is a normal reaction... because you are alcohol dependent.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It's perfectly normal friend! it doesn't just apply to alcohol but to just about every other euphoric drug out there when you stop taking it you become a pretty angry person.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yeah, it's normal.

• 10 months ago

It can be frustrating to give up something, even by choice, because it's a struggle and taking away something you have an attachment or sorts to, even if you don't enjoy it or want to do it anymore. It's perfectly normal, and the best way to help is to find a softer substitute/distraction or healthy outlet for this frustration

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

• 10 months ago

No pray or get rid of whats making you mad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.