How can I be less of a boring person?

I overheard one of my coworkers yesterday saying how I am boring when she was talking to another coworker. She said that I am too quiet. I work in a cafe. I work back in the kitchen with two other people. I work with a girl and another boy. The boy is very talkative and has a good personality. The girl and him talk a lot. I will talk and say something when I feel I can add something to the conversation.

However, the boy leaves earlier than us, and when it is just us two it's quiet. I have Social Anxiety and I am a very quiet person in general. I do better with group interactions as opposed to 1 on 1.

I don't really have any hobbies besides YouTube and Reddit. I don't have a whole lot of interests. My coworkers try to get to know me a little bit, and I don't really have anything to say because I don't really do anything. They ask me what are my hobbies, what kind of movies do I like, etc.

It hurt when she said that I was boring. She said that Darren (The other coworker) makes the job more enjoyable.

This isn't the first time I've been told that I was boring.

How can I be a more interesting/exciting person?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

I think you answered your own question. You may be boring because you have no interests or activities. Get out and do something. Anything.

• 2 months ago

this question is really all perception. what is boring and what isn't is all perception

if you think you are boring, that is how you will perceive yourself.

obviously if you others are criticizing you for being boring, maybe they are boring themselves?

• 2 months ago

I am sorry, you didn't deserve to be treated so badly. You are at work to work. I don't think there is anything in your contract that suggest you are responsible for entertaining everyone on the planet. I would think for safety reasons focus on work would be wise. This site has an entertainment category and a polls and surveys section. answer questions in polls and surveys so you get good at answering random questions. Write down fun questions so you have something to ask when conversation stalls. Try not to pick questions with yes or no answers. A question like...If you could teach the world to sing...what song would you choose??? is a great question because you can talk about songs, bands, artist, concerts...it leads to other conversations

• 2 months ago

Just be yourself everyone is fun in their own way. Find someone who compliements your character

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don't take things for granted 

know about yourself,respect parents

hurt no one,be understanding,have

empathy,be kind & humble,

best of all test yourself do one kind thing

for family everyday

• 2 months ago

Do what makes you happy not them 

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Spend less time on your computer or other device and more time in the real world. You will find more topics of common interest there to discuss.

• amy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

get hobbies. Go out. Learn stuff. Do drugs.

• 2 months ago

Make your own life interesting! Among other things, try some of those things your friends are talking about, so you can talk about them from your own perspective and have some credible fuel for arguments. You don't have to do everything they do, either... you also become interesting by doing things that you can tell good stories about, like noodling for catfish, keeping bees, showing off pictures from your trip to Sandusky, etc.. Do stuff you love and you'll love your life.

• 2 months ago

Start trying new things and going to new places on your own. Don't wait for people to invite you to do anything.

Here are some things you can try out: Hiking, biking, running, working out, picking up an instrument, singing, going to local events (open mic, concerts, celebrations), playing a sport/joining a sport club, gardening (if you have a garden/space to cultivate plants), reading, learning about a new subject, and just plain being outside.

Try all of that on your own, and try to be comfortable with doing those activities alone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.