Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 6 months ago

Should I ask my yearbook teacher again?

So in yearbook I got a grade I did not deserve. My teacher said we could make it up, so of course I asked him about it. I showed him the work, and he said he would update the score for me. I check student portal at least everyday, but it’s still not updated. Also it was a bad grade. I asked multiple times, but it’s still not updated. What should I do? Email him? Tell him again?

Favorite Answer

Has all of your previous communication been in person or via email?  I would encourage you to speak with the teacher again, but you may also want to follow that up with an email so that you have some "evidence" that your teacher agreed to change your grade.

When you speak, politely as them WHEN the will get to this task and WHAT the new grade will be.  Then you email can read something along the lines of

Dear Mr. Jones,

I'm following up on your conversation last Thursday, September 19th, regarding your agreement to change my grade for the ABC yearbook project.  I notice the grade hasn't be updated in the student portal yet and was hoping you could make the time to enter the B grade into the system.  

You can always feel free to copy your counselor and or save the email in case you need to take this to the counselor later.  

• Kate6 months agoReport

Yes, all of our conversations were in person. I already talked to him today would it be too annoying if I sent an email again?

• Rick B

Of course you should contact him again.