Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

What should I do?

Hi so I got in a car accident 4 days ago the driver hit my passenger side of my vehicle and I had a little arm and shoulder pain and the insurance company is offering me 2500 dollars for pain and suffering and they are paying my hospital bill and fixing my car I’m not sure what I should do? Any opinions?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What should you DO?? The insurance company is offering $2500 for pain and suffering; they're paying your hospital bills; and they're fixing your car. What MORE do you want??

• May
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'd grab it .....But......Nobody else can make decisions for you. Do what YOU think is right.

One thing..... You do NOT need a lawyer. A lawyer will only screw things up, delay things (read maybe 2 years) and the lawyer, if successful will end up with most of your settlement money.

• 2 months ago

You should not be seeking advice from random strangers on Yahoo and be talking only to a lawyer. Personal injury lawyers ask for no money up front - $0. The get a cut of a payout. Your case is typical of desirable cases for personal injury lawyers.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should be talking to a auto accident lawyer. As this was a side crash there was nothing to support your head so the backpain which is not present at this moment, may and do appear later and you could have fuckled yourself. Sign off on nothing...until a Year has passed.

. Oh, and expect the lawyer to take 60% off the top from your claim. That is the usual standard fee. They will be fighting for more.(to get a bigger %). If there is no neck injury or back injury, then you GOT LUCKY THIS TIME. (if there is back injury related to this incident, you may be crippled FOR LIFE) $25000 is peanuts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If you can find an attorney to take your small case, the claim will drag on in the courts for months and the attorney will take 30-40% of anything you are awarded. You can have $2500 now, or roll the dice and you might not end up with that much. Your choice.

• 2 months ago

Wait until you are completely healed up and released from treatment. Then you can make a demand in any amount you choose.

• 2 months ago

Stall a bit , You may gain considerably more.

• 2 months ago

You should contact a personal injury attorney first before you accept an insurance settlement it could be just some sore muscles but you could also wind up with trouble down the road so check with a personal injury attorney first before you take the money

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn't settle for only $2500.00

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.