What do you think the population of LGBT is in the US?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Gallop polls have shown that 4.5% of the American population identify as LGBT. These polls are the most accurate known scientific estimates available. Despite this, the general population always imagines that the figures should be much higher. https://news.gallup.com/poll/259571/americans-grea...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you read the Gallup poll, the percentage is increasing each year. I bet that there are more than 5%, a lot of people won't come out due to the stigma against homosexuality. Among millenials, the percentage is 8% if I'm not mistaken, the percentages are going to keep increasing due to more people coming out. The U.S used to be a very homophobic country a few years ago, that is changing quickly and more people are becoming aware of their sexuality and not being afraid of comin out.

• 2 months ago

About 45% or around there.

• 2 months ago

Far too high if you ask me

• Tyler
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

good thing your opinion's worth less than dirt, maureen

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Using a p-value of 0.05 we find that LGBT is not statistically significant.

Source Gallup Polls

• 2 months agoReport

4.5% of a country of 320 million people is more than 14 million people, how is that not significant?

• Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is well known that about 10% of the population is gay or bisexual to the point they are at least as attracted to their own sex as they are to the opposite sex. If the population of the USA is 325 million then around 32 million people or more in the USA are LGBT.

• 2 months agoReport

When surveys ask people if they feel sexually attracted to the same gender, the percentages sometimes reach 15%, it is quite clear that a lot of people are LGBT but don't identify themselves as such. Similar to people who don't believe in god, but don't identify themselves as atheists.

• 2 months ago

Most likely about 5%.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

According to veritable statistics, less than 1%

Many polls artificially increase the number of people who are LGBT with a "person may have been too scared to admit" modifier or "Person exhibits LGBT traits" modifier.

• Raoul2 months agoReport

I thrive on "veritable statistics," whatever that is.

• 2 months ago

1.5% of the House is openly gay, and 4% of the Senate.

That would suggest a bare mininum of 5 million citizens.

• Nathan2 months agoReport

Too many trolls like you infesting the LGBT section, way too many of them.

• 2 months ago

They are fabulous!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.