Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Am I at all responsible for fixing my mothers house?

So I I'm 25. And moved back in a few months ago due to my living situation not working out. I'm currently saving up for another place to live. Anyway, I realized after I moved in, that there are a lot of things wrong with her house. There is a small leak in the roof that is slowly rotting the plywood holding up the shingles. The siding is rotting, and now there is a pipe leaking from the cieling. I'm not at all a handy man. So I would have no idea were to start. Anyway, when i bring these problems to her attention she just gets mad, and days "then call a contractor, and pay him to fix it" I'm sorry, but it's her house. I would think it's her responsibility. I already have a dog with health problems I need to worry about. I cant afford to fix all of this. She says she cant iether, but then she went to l.a. twice in the past 4 months, and now shes going to vegas next month. I've been worried about these problems with her housez but should I? Or should I just let the damn house fall apart?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If your not paying to live there, fixing those issues would be a small contribution to her compensating her for the expense of you being there.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That house is likely your inheritance so it may behoove you to make sure it doesn't fall apart. Just sayin'.

• 2 months ago

If you can do some small things, ok. But look faster for another place.

• Nicholas2 months agoReport

The truth is I was planning on staying here for around 4 years. I own a mobile home with my brother, but we dont get along, and there arent any apartments around here that will eccept my dog (shes a pit bull) so I'm kind of stuck.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

As you are a guest in her house it's none of your business. Keep your nose out of her affairs and all will be peace and light. A decent son would at least make some attempt to do simple repairs. Or are you too precious?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.