sarah asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

What's the best financial investment you've made in your life? Was it obviously a great investment at the time?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Kim R
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The best financial investment was a piece of property we bought at a tax sale. It was just one of those "right place at the right time" things. We were very fortunate to get it, and were able to sell it the next year after minimal legal paperwork issues for 5x what we'd paid for it. We have done other deals, and for more money, but percentage-wise, that was the biggest one. Oh, and yes, we absolutely knew it was a great investment at the time - it was a no-brainer (we had done our research beforehand, which made all the difference)!

• B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

keeping union carbide stock

• 2 months ago

stocks would be my answer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

AIM HIGH, BID LOW!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I EAT RIGJT BISH

• 2 months ago

I plant 100 tress in my 9 th birthday. After 35 years they are so big now. I spend 200 dollar then now I can get a lot money by sold them.

• 2 months ago

Las Vegas Sands at the bottom of the market. No it was a bit of a risk, but I was thinking it was oversold dramatically. Paid $4.50 a share, getting $3.08 in annual divs a share now, plus there was a 2.75 special a few years ago.

• 2 months ago

Bought a house for $295k in 2016

Will be listing it for sale in 1-2 weeks with an asking price of $450k

Makes up for my first house which I bought for $252k in 2007, and when I signed it over to the bank in 2012 their paperwork put the estimated value at $150k.

Not as good as the landlord I rented from during the time between those houses though. He purchased a property with 4 acres and a small house for $290k in 2011 at the bottom of the housing downturn. He just sold that property to a developer who's going to bulldoze the old house and put in 26 new houses for $1.3 million. $1 million net profit in 8 years on an initial investment of less than $300k (while tenant's like me paid most of his mortgage) is a pretty good investment if you ask me.

• 2 months ago

Real estate rental properties

• 2 months ago

Buying a gold bar

• olivia2 months agoReport

I think investment is a big soap-bubble created as one more way how to fool ordinary people:confused: I trade forex for a couple of years already and deal only with some trustworthy brokers (mine is https://cityfxbroker.com I work hard and believe where there's muck there's brass

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.