Would it be safe to buy a 2020 Corolla with the 2.0L engine?

I’ve always heard that whenever an automaker comes out with something new, it’s best to wait a few years until the manufacturers ‘work out the bugs’ so to speak (the CVT transmission would be a good example; also 8 speed transmissions in the 18-19 Camrys). Toyota started installing the 2.0L in the Hatchback... show more I’ve always heard that whenever an automaker comes out with something new, it’s best to wait a few years until the manufacturers ‘work out the bugs’ so to speak (the CVT transmission would be a good example; also 8 speed transmissions in the 18-19 Camrys).

Toyota started installing the 2.0L in the Hatchback Corolla in 2019, and started putting them in the normal Corollas as of 2020, whereas they’ve had the 1.8L for years. The model Corolla I want to buy would have the 2.0L (SE with 6 speed manual). Would this be a car that would last a long time, or would it be best to wait another year or two?