Did I encounter a child rapist?

This happened to me many years ago, when I was just a boy. 8-9 years old. I lived in a small town in Denmark, where there almost never were crime at all. Very peaceful area. I was meeting up with 2 friends to play soccer, by the schools field in the weekend. I took my usual route to school which was on this path... show more This happened to me many years ago, when I was just a boy. 8-9 years old.
I lived in a small town in Denmark, where there almost never were crime at all. Very peaceful area.

I was meeting up with 2 friends to play soccer, by the schools field in the weekend. I took my usual route to school which was on this path next to a forest, lots of trees on both sides. I have walked this route many times but never by night. This particular day it was day time.

I walked down the path and behind me I saw a tall white guy, with black hair like mine. He was dressed in a grey suit and being paranoid as a kid I was a bit scared of him but thought nothing about it.

Until I reached an area where you can either continue down the path, and come out to the road or turn left which is an even longer path that leads to the school still surrounded by trees. I turned left and kept looking back. I saw the man turning left too, and that's where I started to get really scared.

I picked up speed walking faster, and noticed how he also was picking up his speed. There were a good distance between us as I kept looking bad, but I got so scared that I just ran with everything I had in me. I looked back and saw him walking really really fast now, but he wasn't running.

As I got out of the path and into the football field which was a very open space I saw my friends, and ran towards them. I told them about the man following me, and as we looked over to the path to check he suddenly came out.
Update: As he saw us, he quickly spun around and walked back the way he came from. That send shivers down my spine and to this day I wonder what really happened. Was he gonna abduct me, rape me or maybe even kill me?
1 answer 1